Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Imaging SAS drives the easy way.

Every time a came to image machines with Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) hard drives, I thought about SAS writeblocker. The problem was that there were no such things available. Live CD's, F-Responce, Live Imaging, SAS to SATA Adapters (I haven't tried this one) or SAS cards were the only options. I am glad that recently Tableau came up with one such device. It is called Tableau T6es SAS and I am just about getting one. 

 

Many nice things have already been said about FTK Imager 3, which is certainly my tool of the year. It even works from USB Flash drive with all these nice new features for mounting image files. Just copy the folder from "C:\Program Files (x86)\AccessData\FTK Imager" onto your portable drive and you are pretty much set.

No comments: